We are happy to announce our first event day of this season! On Saturday, February 27th we will host a Slalom and Giant Slalom at Belleayre.
We are planning a Slopestyle in March and as soon as we have the date finalized, we will let everyone know.
USASA Catskill Mountain Series GS/SL at Belleayre Mt
Official Event Announcement
Please review USASA’s Return to Play Plan
Event(s): Snowboard SL & GS
Entry Procedure: Registration is capped at 70 athletes per day and will open on Tuesday, February 16th and close 72 hours before the event (or when the cap is reached). Register here
Competitor Lift Tickets: Only registered athletes without a pass can purchase a ticket here - ticket must be purchased before 11:59pm, Thursday, Feb 25th.
SPECTATORS: According to NYS/ORDA Covid guidelines spectators are not allowed on any ORDA venue and NO FOOT TRAFFIC IS PERMITTED ON OR NEAR THE COURSE. Violation of this rule will result in cancellation of current and future events. If you are not on skis or a snowboard please remain in the parking lot.
Lift Access: Tomahawk Chair to Dot Nebel
NYS/ORDA/NYSEF COVID Screening Requirements
Every athlete, coach, official, and volunteer **MUST** complete the following in order to attend the event:
1. USASA Health Screen - can be found on your USASA profile page after registration closes
2. NYS/NYSEF/ORDA Pre-screen - must be completed 48 hours prior to the event day - Click here to complete
3. NYS/NYSEF/ORDA Daily Symptoms Health Check - must be completed day-of, prior to event* - Click here Saturday morning to complete
If you fail to complete either check you will not be allowed to participate.
*It is recommended you complete the daily check before you arrive, so that your status can be updated before you check in.
Day-of announcements will be made by the Technical Supervisor/Series Director. Also, look to the Team App for the latest news. Download the app and search for Catskill Mountain Series.
Riders Meeting: Meeting will take place on Friday, February 26th on Zoom. Link will be sent after registration closes.
Start List: Start List with Heat Times will be posted on Team App.
Release Form: Once registration closes, a Belleayre release will be emailed and must be signed by Friday, February 26th.
General Information: Approved snowsport helmets must be worn at all times. Hard sided helmets are required for Skier Cross events. Bibs must be worn throughout training and competition in such a way that the number is always visible.
Bibs: Bibs are permanently assigned - athletes should bring their bib from last season. New series members will be issued bibs at their first event.
Masks: Must be properly worn at all times - covering both nose and mouth. This includes all athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers.
Trail Access: Kids and coaches will load Lift 8 and get off at mid-station. Slide down Dot towards skiers left at the Expressway crossing. Start will be visible and protected with B-Net.
Race Organizing Committee
Technical Supervisor: Bob Basil
Race Administrators/Series Directors: Marie Basil/Jessica Basil
COVID Coordinator: Mike Kirchner, email@example.com
Check-in Location: TBD
Check-in Time: TBD
Race Start: 9:30am
Awards: Virtual; no in-person award ceremony
COVID-19 Guidelines & Information
New York COVID-19 Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, many states have travel restrictions in place for visiting out-of-staters. Please closely review the state and/or resort guidelines listed below to determine if you are eligible to travel to New York. It’s incredibly difficult to verify if visitors to the state/resort meet the requirements, therefore it is imperative that you follow the published guidelines.
Link to State Published Guidelines: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home
State Travel Restrictions/Requirements: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory
State Mask Policies: New York State (NYS) law requires everyone over age 2 who can medically tolerate a face covering to wear one when in public if unable to maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others. Masks must consist of two-layers.
Belleayre Mountain COVID-19 Guidelines:
Link to Belleayre Mountain COVID-19 Guidelines:
Belleayre Mountain Mask Policy: a two-layer mask is required at all times when not eating or drinking.
Lodge Access Information:
• Wear a face covering at all times. Social distancing is required.
• Please do not socialize inside.
• If you need to store personal items inside, please use a locker or wall racks provided.
• Consider leaving all of your personal items in your vehicle.
• Personal items cannot be stored under tables or in areas other than lockers or wall racks.
• Restroom occupancies have been reduced by 50%. Outdoor bathroom facilities are available.
Lift Line/Lift Riding Information
• Social distancing needs to be maintained in lift lines.
• Skiers/Riders that traveled to the mountain together can ride the lifts together.
• Singles have the option of boarding the lift alone or with one other individual. The latter only applies to a 4 passenger lift or the Gondola
• A face covering is required while waiting in line for lifts, for loading and unloading, and for the duration of your ride.
• Windows in gondolas should remain open.
• Please adhere to posted signage at lift areas and the directions of our staff.
Parking/Parking Lot Information:
• Use our expanded drop off areas.
• Please limit the number of individuals utilizing our shuttle busses.
• Please do not leave children unattended at drop off areas.
• Arrive as ready to go as possible, avoiding unnecessary indoor time.
• Indoor storage space is limited; we encourage you to leave personal belongings in your vehicle.
• Face coverings are required while waiting for the shuttles, and the duration of a shuttle ride.
• Windows will be open.
*Per the COVID-19 NYS Guidance, in-person awards ceremonies are currently prohibited.
There is no uphill foot traffic allowed at Belleayre Mountain and spectators are not allowed.
Tickets for the general public can only be purchased online here in advance and are subject to availability.